Your user account at newhome.ch is password protected. To protect your data and your listings from misuse, we recommend you take the following rules into account when setting your password:
- At least 10 characters
- Of which at least 1 number, 1 upper case letter, 1 lower case letter, 1 special character
- No keyboard sequences such as “asdfgh” or “45678”
- No words from a known language, i.e. the password should not make sense and should not appear in any dictionaries
- Do not share your password with others
- Do not save your password in an unencrypted form
- Use different passwords for different accounts
- Check the privacy of your password on websites such as “How secure is my password?”
Tips for property seekers
Approach extremely attractive offers with caution. If you are not sure if a listing is fraudulent, note the following security advice:
- Never transfer money before you have viewed the property in person and the associated legally binding contracts have been signed.
- Never make advance payments (e.g: via Western Union or MoneyGram).
- Verify the seller’s contact details. The names and addresses often do not match. Search engines make it possible to to find sellers’ pseudonyms, company names and personal names.
- Before completing the purchase/rental find out about the exact status of the property.
- Do not pay a deposit for a key or the like if the owner cannot show you the apartment because they, for instance, live abroad.
Tips for advertisers
If you are contacted by someone who fulfils some or more of the points below, do not respond to this person and cease all further contact with them. If …
- as the seller, you are requested to pay cash (deposit, commission fees, etc.)
- cash is to be used for the transaction
- the promised gains are excessive
- a meeting in a public place, preferably abroad, is proposed for the money handover
- the meeting location and time are changed at the last minute
- the buyer accepts the purchase price without checking or viewing the property
- in addition to the business at hand, other transactions (particularly currency exchange transactions) are to be made
Report fraudulent listings
If you suspect that a listing on newhome.ch is fraudulent, please let us know, stating the reasons for your suspicion. Report misuse of newhome.ch