newhome.ch supports the latest versions of the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
Older browsers do not fully support the modern technologies used by newhome.ch.
In order to create a listing, you are required to register for the following reasons:
- After submission of your listing, your username and password (both selectable) enable you to access your personal property portfolio at any time. From there, you can change, delete, deactivate or archive your properties. You can also reactivate your listing once it has become inactive after 60 days.
- Secondly, the contact address that you provide in your user data is displayed automatically in each listing. This saves you time when creating additional listings.
- Lastly, it is important for the respective cantonal bank to have detailed user data for support purposes, as this enables us to identify and contact advertisers.
The cantonal bank reserves the right to use user data stored on newhome.ch for marketing purposes. Any transfer of such data to third parties is excluded.
Open the «Login» page. Click on the link «I forgot my password». Enter your email address in the text field. This must match the email address saved in your user profile. If the email address is registered to multiple user accounts, you will receive all the information stored by us for the respective user accounts. You will shortly receive an email with your new login information. Change your password immediately after the first login.
If you have entered the incorrect password too many times, your account will be automatically locked for security reasons. To unlock your account, please contact us.
To permanently delete your account, click on “Delete account” located in the login details menu of your newhome.ch account (My newhome > User Data > Delete account).
We are categorically unable to perform editorial tasks such as the creation of listings or the editing of photos. Doing so would make it impossible for us to offer newhome.ch as a free service.
When you submit a listing, it is automatically placed «under review». This means that its integrity and validity will be checked within one working day by your selected cantonal bank.
- If the listing fails to meet the quality requirements of newhome.ch, it will be rejected. Its status will then be changed to «rejected».
- If everything is in order, the cantonal bank will approve your listing. Your property will then appear as “active” in your portfolio.
- After the standard publication period of 60 days, your listing will be deactivated. It will then appear as “inactive”.
To reactivate your listing, select the menu item “Manage” by first selecting “My newhome” and then the heading Listings. Click the button “More functions” in the respective listing’s management area. In the pop-up menu, click on «Manage» and then «Activate» Alternatively, you can click on the «Publish listing» button when editing your listing.
It is possible to deactivate a listing for 30 days. After the first 20 days, you will be notified by email that the listing will be automatically deleted 10 days later, unless it is activated or archived.
There is no way to pause a listing. If you wish to keep it for an indefinite period of time, archiving it is necessary.
The fee is CHF 9.00 per listing/archiving. The listing can then be reactivated/archived as often as you like.
The number of archived listings has increased steadily in recent years. This service requires technical resources and involves various costs (maintenance, development, hosting, etc.) at newhome.ch. As a result, advertisers who wish to use this service contribute to the costs incurred.
To delete your listing, select the menu item “Manage” by first selecting “My newhome” and then the heading Listings. Click the corresponding icon in the respective listing’s management area “Delete”
To edit your listing, select the menu item “Manage” by first selecting “My newhome” and then the heading Listings. Click the corresponding icon in the respective listing’s management area “Edit”
It usually takes one working day to review and approve listings. Listings are not reviewed/approved on weekends or public holidays.
Problems uploading pictures typically occur for the following reasons:
- The image is too big (max. file size: 8MB) – newhome.ch automatically cancels uploads that are taking too long; reduce the size of your pictures to the minimum necessary by using a compression program (e.g. Photo Impact, Image Ready).
- The file path to your saved picture is too long – newhome.ch occasionally experiences problems with excessively long file paths. In this case, copy your image to a higher level of your directory structure or to a data carrier before uploading. Example:
instead of: C:datapropertiesappenzellhighstreetfloor1imagesbathroom.jpg
new path: C:imagesbathroom.jpg or A:bathroom.jpg
- The name of the image is too long (max. 10 characters long).
- Always select your pictures by using the “Browse” button instead of entering the file path manually, as this can often result in errors.
- newhome.ch can only accept images in *.jpg, *.gif or *.png format.
If you are still experiencing problems, please send an email containing the corresponding error message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Adobe Reader 6.0 sometimes has problems displaying the PDF version. In some cases, the PDF version is not displayed or is displayed only as a white page. This error can be corrected in most cases by changing a setting in Adobe Reader:
- Select menu “Edit / Basic settings”
- On the left, click on “Internet”
- In the left area under Web-Browser – Options activate the field “Show PDF in Browser”
You can create a subscription for your search via the button “Save search subscription”. A dialogue box will open. Here, you can give your search subscription a title and choose how you wish to be notified about new matches.
You can view the results of your search subscriptions by selecting the menu item “My newhome” and then “Search subscriptions and watch lists”.
Each time you open your search subscription it will search for the latest matches. The matches which have appeared since your last visit are marked as “new”. They will remain marked as “new” for a maximum of 24 hours.
After this period, any “new” matches which haven’t been viewed will automatically lose their «new» label.
The number of matches reported in the email reflects the number of matches at the time the email was sent. By contrast, the match list in your search subscription contains all the latest matches, including those that were found after the email was sent.
The management area contains a checkbox labelled “Only show new matches”. If this is activated, only unread matches that are marked as “new” will be shown in the results list. Deactivate this checkbox if you want all matches to be displayed.
Subscriptions are constantly updated. New hits are added to your search subscriptions at any time. New hits are notified by e-mail either on an hourly basis, 4 times a day or 1 time a day. You can select the periodicity when you create the search subscription and change it later from the subscription management page.
The search subscription overview contains a selection field where you can select all search subscriptions of a certain kind (buying or renting).
Search subscriptions can only contain the criteria that are available in a normal search. You can only select one geographical search criterion (locality, region, canton). For localities, there is also the option of a radius search. If you want to save multiple regions or cantons as an automatic search, you will need to create a separate search subscription for each one.
Select your search subscription using the selection field. Then click the link in the “Show details” tab at the bottom of the management area.
Search subscriptions cannot be modified. Delete any search subscriptions that are no longer needed and create a new subscription using the desired criteria.
If you no longer need a search subscription, go to the management area under the selection field and click the button “Delete search subscription”.
Each search subscription has a duration of 360 days. After this period, you can continue to use the search but no email or SMS notifications will be sent. This ensures that you will not receive unwanted emails or texts for prolonged periods.
Open your search subscription and go to the management area below the selection window and click the button “Extend search subscription”. The search subscription’s remaining duration will be displayed. The duration can be extended up to a maximum of 360 days.
The purpose of search subscriptions is to continuously filter and display new properties from among the vast range that is available on newhome.ch. It is not possible to delete properties from search subscription results. To save interesting properties, use the watch list feature.
You can save individual listings to create a watch list of interesting properties. To do this, click the corresponding icon in the match list or in the detailed view of the listing.
You can access your watch lists by selecting the menu item “My newhome” and then “Watch lists” (under heading “Search subscriptions and watch lists”). The matches are grouped by property type in your watch lists.
You can find the invoice for the purchased service in your account by selecting “My newhome” > “My invoices” (heading Profile). Invoices are also attached to your confirmation email for the respective purchase.